CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pssst! Nicole, I need you to do me a favor up there...

Today, when I was running errands, I got a frantic text from one of my BFFs, Marie. She wanted me to call her; her cousin, Kevin, had killed himself. I pulled over on I-880 and called her.

She was, obviously, very upset. She didn't go into specifics (and I didn't ask) and we only spoke for a few minutes. She wanted to know if she could have my pitbull Boomer when she got back to town for a few days. I told her of course she could. After we hung up, I drove to the county building in silence tears rolling down my face.

My heart ached for my friend and her cousin. I sat there in the parking lot and I immediately thought of when my beautiful cousin Andricia passed away last summer. 

One of the first things I did was pray. I prayed to God for her & for our family. Then I prayed for Nicole to please find her when she gets there...when she gets to Heaven...so she wouldn't be scared. I wanted Nicole to be there with her million dollar smile that would reassure her everything was going to be okay. Because that's what her smile always did for me when I'd see it.

Well today I prayed again. To God for Marie's family and esecially for Kevin. Then I asked Nicole to please find Kevin and do the same for him. And to please...please send me a sign that you found him. I need to know everything is going to be okay so I can tell Marie so maybe her heart won't hurt so much.

After I went home, I was cleaning out a box of what looked like garbage in it. At the bottom was a little ceramic butterfly. Butterflies always remind me of Nicole. This one was brighly colored and shiny. Like Nicole's smile.

Sparkly...sparkly like a holiday.

That was my sign. My sign that Nicole found him. I think she may have already been waiting for him before I asked her for that favor. I just wish Marie & her family could have known Nicole. I wish they could have seen her beautiful million dollar smile. Because if they had, they'd know that Kevin is with her...and everything is going to be okay.

I didn't forget to tell you Happy Birthday earlier this month, my friend. I've just been busy with life. But you know, thanks to God, what is in my heart. And for that, I am grateful.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!! THANK YOU FOR SENDING ME THE
BUTTERFLY TODAY...AND THANK YOU FOR LOOKING OUT FOR KEVIN. YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN MY GUARDIAN ANGEL. THANKS FOR ALWAYS LISTENING TO ME. MISS & LOVE YOU MUCH. KEEP DANCING WITH THE ANGELS... <3  <3 <3


Posted via Blogaway

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Honey you are amazing but you make cry...